Wednesday, February 07, 2007

To Crave or Not to Crave?

That IS the question!
Whether 'tis nobler of the woman to suffer
The cravings and salivations of a usurping pregnancy,
Or to take food into her willing stomach,
And by succumbing end them?

What to do, what to do, to prove to Pop that I'm not a fool...

Sometimes my head is just full of these things... Strangely enough, the second has nothing to do with the first... I'm such a nerd.

Anyway. I never really feel like I get "strong pregnancy cravings", but all the same, I always get foods into my head while I'm pregnant that I don't normally think of when I'm not. This causes me to make purchases at the store that I wouldn't normally make, even though I rarely purchase the actual food item that would fulfill the so-called "craving". Yesterday, I decided some lime potato chips would be great. Mmmmm, it sounded so yummy, and I'd been wanting a BBQ with the whole hamburgers and potato chips thing for a few days anyway, so it was following along the same lines, but the LIME part was inserted, and quite necessary. I've also really been wanting popcorn. (Peter pointed out that both potato chips and popcorn are the best nutrition empty form of salt and fat he can think of. He has a good point...) So, at the store today, I got (in addition to the french bread) some popcorn (94% fat free butter) and some sour cream and onion Baked Lays. Hmmmm.... no lime. The chips did not cut it, AT ALL, but at least I kept the fat and calories to a minimum while succumbing my agency to pregnancy. I haven't had any of the popcorn yet. We'll see... I should just make a rule stating that I am allowed to indulge in a craving for 1 out of every 4, or something like that. I really don't get many, I swear!

I'll let you know about the popcorn...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are so hilarious!

I'm really bad about giving into cravings when I'm pregnant-- with all those aversions it's hard not to!

If you crave fondue you could always come live here! :)