Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mmmmmm!

We went for a simple dinner tonight. I've really been wanting something bready recently, which was sad, since we were pretty much out of flour, so I couldn't make anything. So, when I went shopping today, I decided to spring for a loaf of french bread at Safeway (which, here, is $1.59) because I just couldn't wait the necessary 12-18 hours it takes to make my favorite bread (I usually just put it together and let it sit overnight, which is really the easiest way to go about it). So, it turned out that Peter needed a quick dinner anyway so he could rush back off to school and work on his homework with his study group. When I found out, he was going to be home in about 30 minutes, and was only going to be home for about 10 minutes. It worked out perfectly! We had really yummy french bread sandwiches!

My sandwich:
french bread
low fat mayo
Dijon mustard
thinly sliced colby jack cheese
tomato
lettuce
avocado
sliced turkey lunchmeat
onion

Peter's sandwich:
french bread
cream cheese
olive oil
thinly sliced colby jack cheese
tomato
lettuce
avocado
onion
sliced turkey lunchmeat

It turns out that as Peter was riding his bike home, he was thinking to himself that he didn't want chicken on rice with a sauce (which is pretty standard here, though the sauce can be one of MANY things), and that he would really prefer something with bread. Hehe! Yay! The sandwiches really hit the spot for both of us. Mmmmmmm! It was sooooooo good!

In addition to the sandwiches, we shared a pear and an orange, and Little Chub and I each had yogurt.

No comments: