Tuesday, February 06, 2007

This Is How Uncool I Am

*My house is never 100% clean. There are always piles somewhere, or the bathroom is dirty, or there are a few dishes undone, or Little Chub is playing with the entire contents of her toybox, or..., or..., or...
*We have absolutely NO schedule to speak of, no regularity in pretty much any aspect of, at least my and Little Chub's lives.
*We are not organized or neat
*On top of this, we don't ever even DO anything anymore. Little Chub and I get bored bored bored! I can't wait until the summer, so we can go swimming and stuff, and by then she'll be walking, and maybe she won't shovel sand in her mouth anymore...

Anyway, I'm not really so upset about all of this stuff. Our house is almost always presentable, but we do find it QUITE challenging to keep out the clutter, since our apartment is so small, and clutter reduction often requires at least a little bit of money spent on boxes or bins, or bookshelves, or things like that. Inspired by KT, I think I'll spend the extra couple of bucks on clutter reduction supplies, once I have an idea of how to go about it, and I can sacrifice purchasing something else that I might not need so much. Our biggest frustration with our day to day house cleanliness is the clutter (not that it's horrible, but I hate any of it really and I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes, when I look around and see an otherwise beautiful house, it drives me NUTS). Whule I'm at it, our carpet drives me nuts too, because it is not fluffy, and it is dark, so EVERY SINGLE TINY SPECK shows up on it, meaning, as soon as I'm finished vacuuming, it looks like it needs to be vacuumed again. ARGH! Oh yeah, and our bed is really creaky. That's annoying too.

Now haven't I just brightened your day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen amen amen!

and my bed creaks, too!