Thursday, February 22, 2007

American Idol Girls

Well, I had the opposite problem than I thought I would. The girls really outperformed the guys. The only one that really doesn't deserve to come back is Antonella, just like I predicted.

These five girls were all really good:
Jordin Sparks
Melinda Doolittle
Lakisha Jones
Sabrina Sloan
Stephanie Edwards

If I had to pick three (like I said I would), I would have to go with:
Sabrina Sloan
Stephanie Edwards
Lakisha Jones

And that list would probably have been different if I wrote it 10 minutes ago, or 10 minutes in the future, because those 5 were all so good. Really, I liked almost all of them. There were a few bad notes here and there that kinda made me cringe. I thought it was particularly interesting that I agreed with almost everything Simon had to say the whole night, but I disagreed with Randy a lot. Does that mean that I'm mean? He was right about Gina Glocksen's note--she hit the top one that she was going for but then came down to a different pitch for an extended amount of time that really hurt my musical senses. And there was probably only one singer all night who did runs that actually sounded right with the music (I'm generally not a fan of runs because they detract from the music unless they're done just right), and that was Lakisha Jones. Anyhow, I guess tonight we'll see what the rest of America thought. I'll make some predictions just for the fun of it, even though it's likely the rest of America doesn't see eye to eye with me on lots of stuff.

Guys to Leave:
Sundance Head
Sanjaya Malakar

Girls to Leave:
Antonella Barba
Leslie Hunt

What do I know?

1 comment:

Real said...

John and Chi don't like to watch Sanjaya sing. "Why is he on there? He's scarey."