Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Hair, Revisited

Well, you guys were absolutely no help about my hair! Oh well. I took matters into my own hands and I decided to get a leave-in conditioner (Garnier Fructis) and a Dove anti-frizz cream. They basically have the same purpose, so I don't use them at the same time. Then, I'm trying to train my hair to part on the side, because that goes better with my face shape, which seems to be somewhere between round, square, and heart-shaped, depending on how chunky my face feels like being. I think I left heart behind years ago, really, but I still have the pointy chin as a reminder. Anyway, today I parted my hair, put in the Dove, then blow dried my hair on the warm setting, then put a tiny bit of gel on the places that I had flyaways. When I was done, it kind of reminded me of one of those sexy 50's hairdos...I know, I flatter myself. I doubt it will last more than an hour, once I decide to actually touch it, instead of pretending like my head is made out of glass.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

pics? I wanna see!

I didn't offer advice because you hair is a billion times better than mine...

MandaMommy said...

I would have to say I wholeheartedly disagree! You have those beautiful curls! And when it was longer and you diffused it, it looked so pretty! Your hair is so thick and healthy! Mine breaks before it ever gets a chance to grow long. I have to say though, my hair is always healthier when I'm pregnant. It's nice. :o)

Real said...

You have fly-aways? I never noticed any such thing. I wouldn't think your hair is the type to need a leave-in conditioner, either. Huh. Yeah, I want pics, too!

I think your hair is plenty long. My hair doesn't even get to shoulder length because it always breaks off. I can't brush through it at all without a LOT of some kind of detangling and moisturizing product.