Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Little Chub's Upcoming Birthday Party

Obviously, I've never held a birthday party for a child of mine, as Little Chub is #1, and she's turning 1. We have quite a few people that we've gotten to know pretty well, and Little Chub has a little playgroup that she plays with outside three times a week. So, we've been wanting to have a little party for her to get all of her and our friends together to celebrate her big day (even though she has no idea it is a big day...).

This is really "nervous-making" for me. (To steal an appropriate phrase/word from the book Pretties.)

We decided we're going to have homemade pizza, and one of our friends actually offered to make some and bring them, too, which I actually accepted because it really will be a big help. Then, there's the cake. Or cakeS. How many to make? What flavor? How much ice cream should I have? What flavor/s? And what about little side food items? Decorations? Having a CLEAN HOUSE?? What should Little Chub wear? When should I try to give her a nap that day? Should I give her her own cake? Who should I invite? Should I invite neighbor Y if I'm already inviting neighbor X? What time should the party be so that all of the little one year olds are happy?

Anyway, I'm still excited about it. But I haven't been part of this world ever (because inviting friends over when you're a kid just doesn't carry the same burden of responsibility), so I'm not used to entertaining large groups of non-family people. We'll see how it goes! Monday!

1 comment:

Real said...

For Amber's first birthday, we had a party at a park. THere were several people coming, not huge, but it seemed like a lot at the time. i made pasta salad for the lunch and then had a morbidly over-abundant supply of cake! WAY too much cake. But it was fun anyway! We wish we could be there.