Wednesday, February 21, 2007

American Idol

Since Peter's been away doing his study group at nights recently, I've been watching TV some of the times that he's gone. So I've been watching American Idol, and this is the first season I've ever watched more than one episode in. Last night, the top 12 guys performed.

My top three are:
Blake Lewis
Phil Stacey
Jared Cotter

In no particular order.

In my opinion, Sundance Head should never have made it past Hollywood, because his performance there in the groups was one of the most hideous things I've ever heard. It really annoys me that they dropped out other people who sang and performed better than him in Hollywood just because they really liked his original audition. I could be wrong, but I thought each stage of the audition process was supposed to be based on the current audition. But of course, they want a nice show, so they keep people in based on potential and stuff like that. Money always wins.

Sometimes I really question what's going on in those judges heads. When they got to the last two girls, while choosing the top 24 contestants (12 girls, 12 guys), they sent home a girl who could really sing, and kept the girl that couldn't remember her lyrics, was really mean, and didn't have anything special to her voice. That decision was an easy one for me, and they chose the opposite. I will be surprised if Antonella makes it past the first round of the top 24.

Tomorrow, maybe I'll put my top 3 girls up, although I don't really expect to like the girls as much because I've always liked male voices better...

1 comment:

Real said...

Sounds like the beginnings of an American Idol junkie to me! We'll have to get together and make picks and bicker about who's better than who.