Friday, February 16, 2007

Braxton Hicks? Nursing Contractions?

Last night and today, both times while nursing Little Chub to sleep, I felt the oh-so-familiar tightening of my lower belly accompanied by that feeling in my chest (that I think Real once described to me as blood pressure lowering?). So, if I was several weeks further along, this wouldn't seem strange to me at all, BUT I am only somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks along. It does seem too coincidental that both times I was lying down and nursing, but do nursing contractions feel the same as Braxton Hicks? They were completely painless. Both times I was also wearing pants that were not really tight, but you could say they were 'holding me in'. Anyhow, I'm confused. Not really worried, but, I had actually forgotten Braxton Hicks even existed, just to give you some idea of how unexpected that feeling was. It took me a minute last night to realize where I remembered that feeling from... Oh yeah, and I know it was my uterus, because it felt the same as a Braxton Hicks, but it was only located where my actual uterus is, so not as widespread a feeling as Braxton Hicks in mid-late pregnancy.

Any insights?

No comments: