Monday, February 05, 2007

Feeling Like Eyeore

I got kind of tired of putting down everything I eat. Maybe I'll pick it back up later... tomorrow, or 3 months from now, or never...

I've been feeling like there is a little bit more on my shoulders than normal, I don't know why. I've just been getting a little bit stressed about really little things that don't normally bother me, such as:

*My library books that were due 6 days ago (about 7 or 8 of them) that accrue fines of 25 cents a day, each...
*Having to file our tax return and stressing about all of the little things I might be supposed to mention, and trying to remember what year things happened--I don't want to be guilty of tax fraud or evasion...
*Money in general, because even though things are going pretty well, because of a one time student loan we got, we applied for the loan in October and STILL have not received the money, even though the credit for one of the kinds of loans shows on our account, and the other was already approved and we signed the MPN and everything...
*Health insurance, for me and for Little Chub--Little Chub qualifies for California State Health Insurance (Medi-Cal), but since she turns 1 in a couple weeks, she'll be kicked down to Healthy Families, which costs a tiny amount, unless I turn my application in, and since I'm pregnant, our income limit is higher, but I can't turn it in until Peter makes a copy of his paystub, since I can't take a picture of it and print it like I normally do because our printer is out of ink...
*I keep forgetting to send the NetFlix movie out in the mail, which makes me feel like we're wasting money because I'm not maximizing the number of movies we can get each month, but our apartment doesn't have an outgoing mail slot, which gets really irritating because we always have to go find the nearest blue box...
*The little messes that constantly reappear all over the house because I'm the only one who cleans (which is how it always is, but sometimes it just starts to get to me)
*Little Chub knocking over the standing lamp for the billionth time, and having it dent

I think that's all. And you see, that's not even very much going on. Why am I feeling stressed/burdened/mopey? I think I need more vitamin B...

We're going to go play with Little Chub's friend in a few minutes. That should be nice. In the meantime, maybe we'll dash over to the library and turn in the movie and take care of two of those stressors.

1 comment:

Real said...

Sounds like pregnancy hormones to me! Good for you for tackling those things that were making you feel yucky. I'm always surprised by how good it feels to finally take care of those things and then I wonder why it took me so long because it really wasnt a big deal after all.

Just remember you are not just yourself anymore and you have a littler chub getting chubbier and draining some of your physical and emotional resources. Get your rest. You're doing great, mama!

Good luck with all your stuff!