Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Life Lessons

Okay, obviously I have spent way too much time on the computer today! (This is partly because of Little Chub's early birthday present, which I will probably post about tomorrow...)

Today, I have learned at least TWO valuable life lessons:

#1: Don't do things in the heat of the moment.

Don't you hate when you do something really stupid without thinking about it, and later you feel really idiotic because you are slightly more in possession of your faculties? See blog entry below, titled "Is this bad?" What was I thinking? Peter will probably be super embarrassed on account of ME! And I already feel super embarrassed on account of me. Dumb dumb dumb... If I waited just five minutes, I highly doubt I would have sent that email.

#2: Sugar turns kids into monsters.

Well, she was a cute monster anyway. I went shopping yesterday. I was hungry. I bought...(thunder cracks)...a sugary cereal. More sugary than Frosted Mini Wheats, which at least are mostly shredded wheat, even if they have sugar. I bought Reeses Puffs. I couldn't wait for breakfast today so I could have that cereal! Then, since Peter was gone for dinner tonight, I had two bowls of it for dinner too! I was thinking about eating that cereal ALL DAY LONG! At first, Little Chub was eating grapes, while I chomped away at my scrumptious Reeses candy-in-the-form-of-a-cereal. But, she got a hankering for my Reeses, so I gave her a few. Then a few more. Then a few more. And then I accidentally poured about a cup of the cereal on her highchair tray. Oops! The second she saw it all pouring out, she LUNGED forward and grabbed for it, and started shoving handfuls into her mouth. Before this, she had been meticulously grabbing puffs one by one. So, I had to help her out and I had some handfuls too. The sad thing is, after the cereal, she picked up a piece of grape and then made a sour face and spit it back out. Her sucrose filled grape was too sour after having her Reeses candy-in-the-form-of-a-cereal. Now she's done with them, and I think she wants out of her highchair now...

No comments: