Monday, January 15, 2007

So Much Cuteness!

I know, I know. It's been about three weeks since I wrote on here last. Didn't I mention before that I'm horribly inconsistent about writing? I was a bad journal writer, a bad letter writer to Peter on his mission, and, I'm a bad blog writer. This should be my (somewhat tardy) New year's Resolution--write in my journal/blog more consistently!

Little Chub has made a few big strides since my last entry. She has a few words now, including "Daddy", "Hi", "Yay!", and "Doggy", and she understands a lot more than this. She seems to be thinning out a little bit (although we may be imagining this), and she eats like a pig now! About one week ago she suddenly decided, over a lunch of homemade Tikka Masala and naan that she loves food! Now, if she sees us eating anything without her, she crawls over to us and whines and complains and moves herself until we suddenly realize that she wants some food. It's taking us awhile to become accustomed to the idea of feeding her all the time.

Some of the cutest things she has started doing in the last few weeks are dancing, clapping, and singing to herself as she plays. She is so cute when she sits playing with a toy by herself and she moves a toy back and forth and makes little sing-song sounds in conjunction with the movement that convinces me that she is playing pretend with herself. And Peter just came out of the kitchen with a glass of orange juice for me, and noticed that Little Chub had just climbed on top of her little toy chest (only about 10 inches tall), and was sitting there singing to herself. How adorable!

If we tell her "No" (which is happening much more frequently these days with no more frequent results than before), she smiles at us and mimics our shaking our heads at her. Today, she was grabbing the lamp and shaking it with all her might because she loves to see the top moving around in such big circles. I said, "No. Nope! N-O spells no." (The first no firm, the rest too happy.) She looked at me, shook her head like me, then switched to nodding her head up and down, as if to tell me, yes, this is what I can and should be doing! Holy cow! Does she actually understand what she just did? Or was that a major coincidence? This is the question we find ourselves asking over and over again these days as she develops more and more. And man how we are loving this!

No comments: