Monday, January 22, 2007

C-Chester!

Wow! How exciting! We found out today that we're expecting #2! We already have a name picked out if it's a girl...we have the next several girl names picked out. We have no clue what the name will be if it's a boy. We have one boy's name picked out (Elliott), but that name is too similar to Eleanor for them to be named like that, one after the other. The ironic thing is that we came across a name we really liked a week or two ago, while doing family history--Elias. I was so excited until I realized that it wasn't any better than Elliott as far as the "El" thing is concerned. Some our other favorite names: Evelyn, Emma, Elise. I don't want to DO that to my kids! So, we will have to become like every other couple and scour the baby name books and lists until we find something we both go for, that does NOT start with E. Of course, if this baby is a girl, we're fine. Her name will be Alexandra. We used to have a middle name for her (Hasana), but we've decided to nix that. So, if we're having a girl, we at least get the excitement of choosing a middle name.



So, B-Chester gets to have C-Chester! By the time this baby is born, B-Chester (aka Little Chub) will be ~19 months old. It's pretty much exactly what I always thought I wanted. After she was born, I revised my desire from about 18 months to anywhere from 18 months to 2 1/2 years. This gap works great for us!

We've already announced, since I'm the kind of person that would prefer to have everyone know, and would prefer the support if a miscarriage were to happen.

Even though I just tested positive today, my best guess is that I'm somwhere around 5 weeks along. If I had a 28 day cycle, today would be 6 weeks 2 days. We really have no idea. Our main clue is that I had a negative pregnancy test on Thursday, January 11 (cycle day 33). I started getting crampy, having the munchies, my face broke out, and I became really grumpy around Saturday or Sunday, January 6 or 7, which I mistook for finally getting real PMS (thinking maybe I was becoming fertile again, with my normal PMS symptoms and a closer to 28 day cycle). I'm thinking maybe that was after implantation happened? But implantation can happen in a pretty broad range of days after ovulation, so it's only a little clue. Not to mention, I'm not really sure if I have the dates right for those false PMS symptoms. Then of course, there's our window of "no possible conception", which occurred on our Christmas vacation from Dec 23-Jan 1. It's very possible that ovulation occurred on that trip, and pregnancy from some happy long-lived sperm... I've had a gut feeling that I was pregnant for at least a week. Anyway, there are so many factors that I think we are really going to have to rely on an ultrasound to date this pregnancy... But we'll see. I'm excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY Manda!!!! Don't forget that while Eleanor and Elliott sound alike-- Elias sounds like 'ill-ias' no 'el-ias' so you could probably get away with it--- hehe look at me giving phoenetic tips to a linguist!