Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Little Chub's Current Sleeping

So, the first night after we decided to bring Little Chub back into our bed with us, I nursed her to sleep, and waited until I knew she was deeply asleep and then I moved her onto her crib mattress on the floor, which was right next to our bed. That night, she only woke up to nurse twice! The first time, I nursed her in our bed then transferred her back down, and the second time I just kept her in our bed until it was time to wake up. That was a really great night! She even rolled off of her crib mattress onto the floor and didn't wake up! She sleeps SOOOO much better when she isn't right next to me, but she does better with a lot of space... The next day, she was back to her normal happy self! YAY!

The next three nights she slept in our bed the whole time because she never fell asleep deeply enough for us to move her before we wanted to fall asleep ourselves. These nights, she woke up on average about 5 times. Could be worse, but still enough to start to wear on me a little. I think because of how she needs so much space to sleep, we either need to put a twin bed on the floor right next to our bed, at the same level so I can nurse her on it and then roll back over to my own bed, or I need to put her to sleep in the guest bed and then just go nurse her back to sleep when she wakes up in the night. My guess is that she would wake up less if she was sleeping on that big bed all by herself.

So, it's still not ideal, but at least we know that we're not crying it out!

The problem is, if I have to travel back and forth between rooms, I might get more tired, and for the other plan, we don't actually have a twin bed yet! But, since we are expecting #2, the twin bed is inevitable anyway. Now if I can just manage to convince Peter to care enough to get it! It's realy annoying for us, since we don't have a truck or anything, so getting any furniture that isn't brand new delivered from the store is a big pain in the bootie. Maybe tonight I'll experiment with the guest bed...

As much as it might seem so, I'm really, honestly not a fickle person!

No comments: