Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What Are You Afraid Of?

Well, a lot of things really. I kind of let fear rule my life a little (okay, A LOT) too much. In no particular order, here are a few things I'm afraid of:

*My house being broken into while I'm home without Peter
*The dark
*Random boogey-men being anywhere and jumping out at me
*Having my feet uncovered by my blanket while I'm asleep
*Sleeping with my back to a window or a particularly scary edge of the bed
*Snakes, scorpions, stinging insects, bears, etc. (this one is particularly bad--I jump and run every time I hear rustling when I'm hiking or camping...yesterday I jumped into the car when I heard rustling behind the car, but it turned out to be Little Chub...)
*Being attacked
*Being near windows at night, especially when the curtains or blinds aren't closed, for the above reasons

So I guess my fears are pretty much due to an abundance of paranoia and an overactive imagination. But then I've got the other fears, which are social, such as:

*Calling people I know on the phone (I'm not afraid to call people I don't know)
*Talking to people I don't know
*Speaking, and particularly, praying, in public
*Any new situation
*Traveling to foreign countries, aside from Canada and the better known parts of Europe (we want to go to Peru next year and I'm freaking out about it!)

I guess that last one falls into both categories.

So yeah, nothing typical like heights, or spiders (although I always make Peter take care of spiders, but that's pretty normal I think), but these ones are enough to drive Peter crazy!

No comments: