Monday, April 16, 2007

Baby Stuff

Last night I dreamed that my baby was born. It was a boy! The dream was in the present, so when he was born, it was obvious that we had the dates all wrong, but since he was so small, we also decided that he was born early, too. The fact that he was a boy was very central to the dream. Add that to the fact that I had another (less vivid) dream that the baby is a boy a while back AND I keep slipping and saying 'he' instead of he/she or (ACK!) it, and you get a mommy that now very much wants a boy baby... I will be happy either way, of course, but that dream last night was so real seeming, and I fell in love with that baby! The baby, by the way, was born at home, very quickly, and after he was born we figured we should probably call the midwife to come help us take care of matters (like all the legal pooey), and I had almost no pain whatsoever. We just went about our business, but with 2 kids instead of one. He also learned to sit up in about a day.

In reality, our midwife really did tell us NOT to call 9-1-1 if we have the baby at home before she would be able to get there (if the baby is coming too fast, she WILL come here rather than us going to her, which I think is incredibly awesome!) because they then just rush you to the hospital and treat you like a drug mom.

Anyway, we get to find out the baby's gender (if baby cooperates) on April 26th! Less than two weeks! I was starting to reconsider finding out, but after that dream, now I NEED to know! I've pretty much decided not to find out with the next one though, but that's easy to say years in the future...

Oh yeah, and as long as we're talking pregnancy related stuff, for the due date they set for me, I'm 18 weeks 2 days today, and I've gained 5-7 pounds so far. (I hate watching those pounds go up and up!) That means that even if I gain 2 pounds a week for the rest of the pregnancy I'll gain less weight than I did last time. Yippee! Let's hope I can keep it up! The swimming is great, but I sunburned my back last week and now have a very tan circle on my back that doesn't so much match the rest of me. Oh well.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

hehehe Tan circles-- it made me think of crop circles.

Cool dreams about a baby boy! You wouldn't mind having him at home one bit, would you? (Bonnie slowly dies of jealousy).

So, if he IS a he, what will you name him??? I like to know before the Ultrasound so that I can greet them by name right away :) LOL!

I def. want to know as soon as you do!