Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bad Blogger

I am a bad blogger. And it's funny, because I was actually going to say that before I read ktmama's blog. I decided to say it anyway. But right now, baby's sleeping and I'm awake, and even though I haven't cleaned up her mess from yesterday yet, I'm catching up on blogging. There have been tons of things I wanted to write on here, and of course, I don't remember any of them!

We had a great day yesterday. Peter finished a homework assignment unexpectedly early, so he ditched a class where the teacher just stands up there and reads from her notes in a monotone voice and we went to Big Basin Redwood State Park to do some mild hike/walking, followed by Montebello Open Space Preserve. Little Chub was sooooooo cute! We let her walk A LOT, and by the end, she was bone tired and could barely walk anymore, but she was having a blast! We haven't had a day like that in a VERY long time, and as a result, we've been missing Tucson like CRAZY!! All of our bright green ribbons of cottonwoods and sycamores and other pretty trees surrounding wide shallow creeks that we can walk in to keep us cool as we explore and look for birds and other wildlife... I miss this!! I miss being so close to family in Tucson, and everything I know. We have dreams of maybe being able to post-doc in Tucson, or get hired there permanently so we can call Tucson our home again. We love it here, but California is not home. And it is too populated. It is SO hard to find somewhere that you aren't going to see cars driving past, etc.

Now baby is awake, and I've barely scratched the surface!

No comments: