Monday, April 30, 2007

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

Little Chub has been doing the cutest things recently! I first noticed with the mirror. We have a full length mirror in our hallway at the top of the stairs, which is a permanent fixture of the apartment. Every time Little Chub walks past this mirror, she HAS to stop and look at herself in it. She will stand in front of the mirror for long stretches if nobody makes her stop. The funniest part is that sometimes she'll stand in front of it and then turn sideways and look at her belly, exactly the same way I do when I'm trying to see what Pummelo looks like these days. I guess sometimes it takes a kid to make you realize the bad habits you have...

Some other things she's done that show me just how closely she's watching me are:

*Standing in the bathtub when it's time to get out of the shower and shaking the water off of her legs
*Nodding her head and saying "Mmmmm" when she eating
*Going to the scale in the corner of the bathroom and standing on it, looking down until a number pops up with her weight (which is never accurate because she's holding onto the wall)

These things crack me up, but it also feels really sweet that she is trying to do things exactly as I do them. Yesterday I taught her how to rock her baby doll (actually it's not hers...she stole it from the playground in our courtyard...oops!). She was so sweet! As she gets older, I'll try to explain to her about the baby in the tummy, but I'm not sure she'll really ever get it by September, since she'll only be 19 months old.

On top of all of that, she's finally started babbling the "mamamamama" sounds, so one of these days, she might actually call me mama! It only seems fair, since she's been calling Peter "dad" and "daddy" for over 4 months now...

No comments: