Monday, March 19, 2007

Dreams

Last night my dreams were incredibly violent. I have never in my life had dreams like these! In one dream, I was with a group of people at night in a large grassy hilly field. I don't know what we were doing, but every once in a while some large bears would come try to attack us and we would have to beat them. It was so real feeling--the heavy bears that were smothering me under their weight and the almost useless thuds of me pounding on the bears to beat them up. Later, in a different dream, after a lot more violence, I was beating up some woman. And when I say beating up, I really mean like killing her. I was pulling on her arms and legs and trying to pull them at the worst angles so that I ended up breaking all of her bones. And of course, kicking and punching, and stuff like that. It was really disgusting. And strangely enough, there was no fear in any of this--I was just doing what I had to do for some reason. I didn't kill her, but she was completely incapacitated. For the record, all violence was in self-defense, but still, I think I went a little overboard. Weird, huh? That is so not like me!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

you must have had my dreams for me, since I didn't get enough sleep in a row to dream last night LOL!

Maybe violent dreams are contagious?