Tuesday, March 13, 2007

All About Little Chub

I figure since this started out as a diary of sorts about Little Chub and her progress, I should pour out details about her with reckless abandon, with no regard for the interest or lack thereof of my pittance of readers. (That sounds like I'm insulting you, but I'm not. Maybe because pittance sounds so...spitty...)

Little Chub loves to:

*Dance--we put on her little dance tunes, or sometimes our own tunes, like Gipsy Kings or Brahms even, and she rocks out
*Play outside--she rockets down the slide, eats sand, plays in the swing, and holds little plastic shovels trying to get coordinated enough to actually pick up sand with the shovel
*Put things on her head and call them hats
*Play with clothes and put them over her shoulders and put them on her head and try to wear them, no matter what they are or look like, including towels
*READ--she spends hours every day playing with books, both for children and adults and turns the pages and looks at pictures and takes all the books off the shelves; yesterday she categorized all of the books into books that have birds and books that don't, on her OWN (Wow!)
*Watch her Your Baby Can Read DVD's and occasionally the Backyardigans; both have music she can dance to
*Point to parts of the body--so far she can point to toes, hair, and nose, maybe eyes; she has always loved to grab our noses and play with them
*Eat--she LOVES to eat! One day for lunch I had two small pieces of lasagna, and she had one! And she can eat 1/4 of a pizza! You should see her shovel popcorn into her mouth! She also loves fruit snacks, so I'm probably going to go to Trader Joe's today to see if I can find some healthy sort of fruit snacky sort of things
*Pound on the piano and bang things
*Open the fridge (sigh)
*Open and close the screen doors over and over again
*Go for bike rides or sit on her daddy's shoulders
*Type on the keyboard and hit all sorts of shortcuts we never would have known existed, and she constantly puts the keyboard on Caps Lock; she also loves to hold onto the mouse and move it and minimize windows and stuff--this is all standing next to the desk and reaching up to the mouse and keyboard, which are at her eye level or thereabouts
*Sit on my lap and push my head backward, and if I leave it back for too long, she'll pull on my chin to bring it back up so she can push my head back again

Little Chub hates:
*Baths/Showers (this is a recent thing)
*Things in her hair
*Being forced to do anything

Little Chub currently sleeps an average of 10 hours per night and naps about two hours every day (not much sleep for a 12 month old), and she wakes up 2-4 times a night. (Those two nights sure were nice a while back though!) When she does wake up, it is ususally shrieking, so I think there might be something abnormal going on. The few times she wakes up by stirring and then doing little cries, I barely notice I woke up to feed her, but when she wakes up shrieking, it really makes my heart race.

She takes steps every once in a while, but still won't actually walk. She still thinks crawling is more efficient.

She has lots of words, including 'hat', 'shirt', 'that', 'this', 'clap', 'dance', and 'hi', but I have never, that I can remember, heard her make the 'm' sound.

The messier things are, the happier she is.

Little Chub likes to stand up in the shopping cart, even when she has a seatbelt on. Somehow, she can get herself out of any seatbelts that are not a 5-point harness or similar.

Little Chub poops 2-3 times a day, to make up for only pooping once a week for the first 10 months of her life.

Little Chub is short and weighs about 20 pounds.

Little Chub is very cute.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

"yesterday she categorized all of the books into books that have birds and books that don't, on her OWN (Wow!)"

Hehehe! She sure is your daughter! LOL!

I LOVED seeing all this about Chubadub. She sounds fun and busy. Just wait until she's running! (not long to wait!)

How interesting that she loves clothes so much, too. I can just picture her 'trying on' different clothes.

Sounds like she has a very organized mind. Wowza on the eating! I wish I could get Kevin to eat like that!