Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Little Monster

Well, I really just wanted to mislead you... For the last two nights, she's been an angel! For TWO nights in a row, she only woke up ONCE to nurse! WOOHOO!!!! Ironically, the first night she did this, I was awake for an extended period of time twice, unable to fall back asleep. The second night (last night), I slept for about 7 1/2 hrs straight (with normal turning over rousings and stuff), and then I woke up for a few minutes, but managed to convince myself to go back to sleep.

For the past two weeks, Little Chub has been teething. Her 8th tooth finally broke through the gums a few days ago, and finished coming through and giving her problems 2 days ago. During that time, we thought she was sick because she had intermittent bursts of what seemed like really bad pain. We thought maybe a tummy thing or something. She slept really poorly at night, waking up many times. When I finally realized she was teething, the light bulb went off inside my head, and now I feel really stupid for not thinking of it much sooner. Unlike Real, I never notice the fleshy breath thing. I think I need to learn my baby's cues better though, all things included. So, now we'll see how she does in the future, but those two nights have been great, more for my sanity than anything. It's always nice to know that she has the ability to sleep, even if she doesn't do it very often. My goal is to have her sleeping through the night without nursing to sleep by the time #2 is born. That gives us another 6 1/2 months or so, maybe a little less. I think she'll be able to do it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Real said...

Did her 7th tooth come in a while ago? I only ask because Lydia has had 7 teeth for a long time. For all previous 6 kids, the teeth came in in pairs, pretty close to each other. But she had her 7th tooth come in quite a while ago and there is no 8th tooth in sight. Weird.

Elizabeth said...

Yay, Chubby!!!!!!!

Noah just slept in his crib for the first time last night (for about four hours!) Yay to big kids!