Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Prenatal Care

The birth center closest to us, Sagefemme Midwifery, is located in San Francisco. That's anywhere from 30-60 minutes from us, depending on traffic, but we've been up to SF a few times, and it's always been more like 40-45min. I called them several times yesterday, but they never answered, and today I finally got a hold of them. The way they do things, you have to attend an orientation first before you have any appointments, so we have to wait to go to orientation, next Thursday, March 22 (from 7-10pm), and then we'll schedule an appointment for the following week. The cool thing is that they will help me take care of applying for Medi-Cal and everything, and by waiting to do it through them, it ensures that I'll be able to get care covered right away. They also help people get onto WIC and stuff like that, which I think is really neat. They really do a lot for their clients/patients/whatever they call them. So, I have to wait about two weeks for a real appointment, but, at least I have a birth center I can go to! I'll be around 15 weeks or so (give or take a week) by the time I have an appointment, but that's not so bad. With Little Chub my first appointment was at 20 weeks. And really, the only reason I really want to have an appointment is to hear the heartbeat and have some peace of mind.

No comments: