Thursday, May 03, 2007

Ultrasound Results

Somehow I just deleted the post I just wrote (ARGH). We had a prenatal appointment today, where we found out that our baby has short femur and humerus bones, which is a soft marker for Down Syndrome, but could also be indicative of other structural malformations, or small for gestational age babies. so, there is a chance that there is something wrong with our baby, and it's a high enough chance that it worries me a lot, although there is still a pretty good chance that she is a completely normal but on the short side baby. My midwife is not really worried because she sees this all the time, and it's usually nothing, but I'm thinking I'll ask for another ultrasound in a few weeks or something, because that could show whether it's an SGA baby, or if there are structural malformations present that wouldn't have shown up aside from this measurement. I will definitely NOT be doing an amniocentesis.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

HUGS! I love you. Manda!

We're going to the temple tomorrow-- we'll pray for her (and you guys!)