Monday, July 06, 2009

Half Marathon Results

For the record, I finished my half marathon, running non-stop (with somewhere between 5-10 minutes of veeeeerrrrrrrrry slow jogging while I waited for my friends at the port-a-potty)! (Running with people was much more important to me than getting a time a few minutes faster!) I came in 945 out of 1400 and finished in 2 hrs 39 minutes flat. The first 11 miles passed by pretty easily, but then we could taste the finish and started running faster so the last two were pretty rough on me. I was fighting back sobs of pain and mental/emotional exhaustion at the end, but I DID IT! Yippee! But MAN my legs were hurting SO BAD at the end and for the first few hours after the race. Wow. That was intense.

Next stop: sprint triathlon in August!

6 comments:

Martie said...

Oh, Amanda, I am so proud of you! That's a remarkable accomplishment! I so wish I could do all of this with you. Keep up the amazing work! Do you have photos?

MandaMommy said...

Thanks! I have lots of photos, which I'll put up as a new post once I have the camera and the cord in the same place at the same time that we have internet access! (Maybe Saturday...?)

meisha said...

Manda, that is so great! Good for you! You made a goal and worked to achieve it. What's a sprint marathon?

brittney said...

i think it is incredible that you did the first 11 miles, no problem! You're awesome.

MandaMommy said...

It's a sprint triathlon--the distances vary slightly depending on the race, but the one I'm doing is *I think* 400m swim, 11 miles bike, and 5k run. I feel like I could go out and do one right now without too much problem, but I definitely want to at least do a little more training on the bike and a few bricks from bike to run.

Katie Richins said...

Wow. You rock. I'm just so amazed!! Good job! Wow. Can't wait to hear more about it when you get here.