Monday, July 27, 2009

Getting Faster...

I guess that title is a little misleading because it's really more than just 'getting faster'. My exercise buddies and I have been planning on working on our speed now that we've conquered distance and today was our first official day of trying it out. Luckily, I felt like it went really well and had to document it! We started out small, running 2 miles, and did the two miles in just about 19 minutes even, giving us a mile pace of 9:30!! Woohoo for us! I know that in the world of running that is still not fast, but I feel like it's fast enough not to make fun of how slow I am anymore. Our goal is to work on speed a few times a week and just run without thinking about it the other few times. I'm not going to make a really specific target yet, but I'm running a 10K on October 2 and I'm hoping to set my goal time with a mile pace of 10 minutes or less. We'll see. 10K is a pretty long time to keep up a pace that is 2 minutes per mile (or more) faster than my average pace for the half marathon training.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Martie said...

Good luck! I'm so proud of what you've accmomplished.

Peg Lewis said...

What happened to the triathlon?

MandaMommy said...

That's in just under 3 weeks. I'm still training, but running is still part of that. I just add in some biking and swimming every few days.

Real said...

Luck!