Monday, July 20, 2009

Back at it

Well, now that I've completely lost fitness after taking a three week vacation from exercise, I'm training for a little sprint triathlon, which will happen on August 15. I've always wanted to do a triathlon and FINALLY it's going to happen! I'm pretty excited! I'm hoping to do an Olympic distance tri in a couple years, too.

The distances for this sprint tri are 400 yard swim, 11 mile bike, and 5k run.

Wish me luck! Training has started off pretty nicely already, so I'm feeling good about it!

2 comments:

Real said...

Yeah, a 5K is nothing for you now! And probably the swimming isn't a big deal, either, right? How are you on a bike? So are you going for just finishing this time or do you have a time goal to beat?

MandaMommy said...

I'm actually feeling really prepared for it! It's crazy! The bike is not really an issue--I feel pretty good on a bike after riding around everywhere for almost a year. Some of the bike rides we did then were longer than the one in the race...

I'm hoping to finish under 1 hr 40 min, but I won't feel bad if I don't, at all.