Sunday, April 06, 2008

Being a Mom

Being a mom is really really REEEAAAALLY hard work. Being a mom is how you really learn what unconditional love is--especially being a mom of a two year old (I don't know how I'm going to survive the teen years...). Being a mom is working full time and being underappreciated, yet somehow continuing on hour after hour after hour, day after day after day. Being a mom is stopping writing a blog so you can bring up Monk-e-mail on the computer for your two year old.

2 comments:

Martie said...

One of the GAs said yesterday that being a Mom is also about learning to get the rewards out of those small, wonderful moments, enough to get through all the hard stuff. I love how he recognized how hard it really is.

Our Delany has been throwing the hugest tantrums the past few months, and nothing works. I feel like I am going to rip my hair out or my eyeballs will pop right from their sockets. And then she is SO loving and kind that I am bewildered. She is definitely a girl! Being a mom is the hardest job in the world. Amen to you! And keep up the good work. Don't doubt yourself.

I guess that was just peelings of thoughts on a sleepy Monday morning, FWIW.


Love,

Martie

brittney said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen. and I don't even have a toddler yet....