Thursday, November 01, 2007

Our Earthquake

We had an earthquake on Tuesday. It was pretty scary, but only because of the idea of earthquakes, not because this one was particularly bad, because it wasn't. It was a 5.6, and twenty miles away or so. We could hear it coming before we felt it, which was really strange. All in all, it was very different from the way I expected it to feel. And I've gotta say, feeling the earth move under you like that sure makes you feel powerless and insignificant! After it happened, I didn't want to let Chub out of my sight. So, it probably seems like I'm totally blowing the whole thing out of proportion, but, we almost didn't even apply to Stanford because I was afraid of living in the Bay area with its earthquakes... And here we are, earthquakes and all. Hopefully this will be the worst of it!

No comments: