Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Happy Hello

I've been working out at the gym with a friend for the last three weeks, which has been really awesome! Usually when I get home everyone is either still asleep, or Daddy and Chub (and maybe Shrimpy) are downstairs eating breakfast or reading. But today, as soon as I opened the door, Chub turned around from the recliner and said "Mommy!", giving me a huge grin. I walked into the living room to see Chub sitting in the recliner by herself, with her Pooh bear, her dolly Atigun and her stuffed eagle, Kenai. Daddy was nowhere in the vicinity. So I went upstairs to find Daddy still asleep in bed, along with Shrimpy. So how, you ask, did Chubby end up waiting for me downstairs? Well, when she woke up, Daddy got out of bed and opened her door and promptly fell back asleep, so Chubby grabbed her toys and took them downstairs and sat and rocked on the recliner with her toys for company until I got home. Now, this may not seem like a big thing to you, but Chub is ALWAYS on the same level of the house as us, and does not usually just sit still in a chair for fun. It was such a cute sight to come home to!

2 comments:

Real said...

And you said you weren't a morning person!

Martie said...

I can just imagine your surprise when you walked in! I'm glad she isn't mischievous and she just waited nicely for you. What a sweet girl!

So, what all are you doing at the gym? I love to work out. I wish I could go with you guys! Regardless, congratulations!

Love,

M>