Tuesday, November 14, 2006

More on Mobility

So Little Chub has made a little bit of progress on the path to mobility... Sunday night was a squirm forward. Little Chub was playing on the floor with her toys and started eyeing a ziploc bag with a loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread in it that we had on the floor to occasionally grab chunks of. She started reaching for the bag, and right when she was about to get it, I moved it forward a foot or two, so she squirmed her arms and legs and got closer to it, and I moved it again. So she squirmed again. And again. And again. And again. You get the point. She squirmed probably about 8 or 9 feet, all to get this bag of pumpkin bread. (She did rather like the taste of it, but I think she was a little more interested in the bag.) Then, I moved the bag so that she had to turn, and she squirmed bit by bit halfway back before she got tired of chasing the pumpkin bread. The funny thing is that she had no idea when it was all done that she had done something she's never done before, and personally, I think it's because she's been capable of this for a VERY long time. So, now my hopes of her starting to crawl are coming back. I'm thinking maybe this time it actually won't be too long before she really crawls! She'll be 9 months in 5 days!

No comments: