Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My New Blog

This is my first attempt at a blog--we'll see what
happens. But, it just so happens that the other day I told Peter that we should start our own blog, since we send so many stories and pictures of Little Chub. I told him that for all we know, both of our families are sick and tired of hearing stupid little stories about how Little Chub loves hummus but has no desire to eat strawberry yogurt. Anyway...

Here we are, me and Little Chub in this picture, on Hawk Hill just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. We've gone up there twice now to see migrating raptors, which fly over that point by the hundreds each hour (not around the clock, of course) at this time of year, and wouldn't you know it--both times it was so foggy and windy and sun-less that there was nary a raptor to be seen. OK, that's not true--we saw 4 or 5 the first time. But, we've started to realize that this is all too common. Oh well. We've gotten nice pictures of me with Little Chub both times, not to mention the exercise of climbing up the steep hill, so it wasn't entirely wasted effort.

Anyway, this picture was actually taken a week and a half ago, but I decided to put a random picture up of Little Chub, and this is the one I clicked on. :o) Mostly I think this blogging thing will be a really cool way of keeping a journal, which I have neglected doing for many years. I actually am still not finished filling up the journal I started when I was 11. Motivated by Chris' recent journal entries sent in to the Lewfamzoo, here's my first entry of that journal:

"Dec. 27, 1992

Two days ago was Christmas. I got this journal for Christmas. I got a lot of presents for Christmas. On Christmas Eve we did something about Baby Jesus being born. Dad read the Christmas story out of the Bible. After that we had angel food cake with whipped cream and cherries. After that we watched a Christmas carol. It was a good movie. On New Year's Eve the Dewey's and the Jamison's are going to come over to our house. They are planning to stay up all night. Maybe I can stay up too. Debbie got to give out the presents. I wanted to do it but dad and mom would not let me. I got KODAK crayons for Christmas. I got nail polish remover, candy, two pairs of socks, and hair rubberbands in my stocking. I also got a punchball, a necklace and bracelet, and two brushes. Kenny is lucky because he got a bike for Christmas. Kenny also got a NERF bow and arrow set. Pookie got a tennis ball thing that is velcro. Chickie and Laura mostly got the same as I did."

So, there you have it. Maybe I'll put more journal entries in later. It's pretty fun to re-read them all. :o)



No comments: