Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'm Insane

Well it's official! On Saturday June 27 I will be running a HALF MARATHON near Bend, Oregon. Wow. My good friend exercise buddy is having a family reunion in which many of them will be participating in the half marathon and has been semi-planning on doing it for quite a while. I figured, if my exercise buddy is going to train for this, I might as well do it with her, otherwise I'll end up doing nothing. So yesterday we made it real by registering for the race. Yikes! I'm nervous and excited! Over the next 12ish weeks we'll build ourselves from being able to run 4 miles to running a half marathon. Woohoo!

4 comments:

brittney said...

I'm scared.

meisha said...

you can do it!

Angela said...

you are insane! but it's an awesome thing to accomplish. :) you should come visit me while you're up in that neck of the woods....

Peg Lewis said...

We hope you'll find your way here, too. We need our E/A fix.

It's an awesome thing you're going to do. I hope you'll go for the whole marathon next. A friend trained to do it at 44 and did it fine.