Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cauliflower Soup

Tonight I made a delicious cauliflower soup with yummy whole wheat bread so I thought I would write down the soup recipe so it doesn't get lost in the past.

Feeds 4-6 adults

1 head cauliflower
2 carrots
2 tomatoes
a few tablespoons dried onions
a few teaspoons dill weed
8-12 oz of cream (or milk or evaporated milk, etc)
1 bouillon cube

Chop and boil the veggies, dried onions, bouillon cube and dill in a few cups of water until they are soft. Take them off the heat and puree in food processor. Put back in pot and add cream and salt and cayenne pepper to taste.

Tastes great with buttered whole wheat bread fresh out of the oven! Mmmmmmmmmm!

3 comments:

Martie said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Alex

MandaMommy said...

Well, the interesting thing about cauliflower is that when you cream it up in soup like that it basically takes on the role of potatoes in taste and texture, and it is MUCH healthier! Try it sometime! I promise it's great!

Martie said...

I think it sounds wonderful. I think I'll try to trick Alex and see what he thinks!

:O)