Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Couples Meme

Couples

How long have you been together? Married: 3 years, Dating & Married: 8 1/2 years, Friends: 11 years

How long did you date? 5 years (or 3 if you take out the mission years)

How old is he? 1.25 years younger than me.

Who eats more? It depends on the meal, the food, the day, and who has eaten more recently.

Who said "I love you" first? He did.

Who is taller? He is, by an inch or so.

Who is smarter? Neither of us is humble enough to admit that the other might be smarter, but he knows much more trivia (more facts)...

Who does the laundry? Both, usually together.

Who does the dishes? I do about 75-90% of them.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Currently, him.

Who pays the bills? Me, all the way. He has no idea how much money we have.

Who mows the lawn? I'm not sure we'll ever have a lawn. We're not really lawn people. But if we had one, it would be him.

Who cooks dinner? We both do. If he gets home past 5 or so, then I do it by myself, otherwise we share the responsibility. I'm sure that will change after grad school...

Who is more stubborn? Me, all the way. No contest.

Who kissed who first? Both. It was a total failure.

Who asked who out? Neither, it just kinda happened.

Who proposed? Neither--the conversation in which we decided to date determined that we would also marry. Not really the usual way to go about things, and I don't recommend it, but it ended up working out for us.

Who is more sensitive? Outwardly, he is, because I come from an emotionally retarded family (sorry family, if you read this, but I know you agree...)

Who has more friends? He does, because of all those mission companions

Who has more siblings? Me! I have 13 (6 adopted)! He has a piddly 5.

6 comments:

Real said...

Um....I think I need more details about the botched kiss!

MandaMommy said...

It was just more like a nose bonk than a kiss, since it was a first for both of us. We were stargazing and holding hands, which was thrilling enough! Then we decided to go the extra mile and nose bonked. We didn't try again for a while...

Angela said...

i don't think i've ever been called emotionally retarded before.....

Angela said...

i don't think i've ever been called emotionally retarded before.....

brooke said...

Amanda, I was cracking up reading this. This is awesome. For some reason, a lot of this was news to me. How did I not know that you are one of 13? Well, thanks for sharing this. I might have to steal this one. It seems like a fun one to fill out. Who is smarter...hmmm me or Evan???? HAHA. You and Peter are so fun!

Natalee Maynes said...

This is hilarious! I loved reading it!!! You are so witty.